Naples Florida Real Estate Market News –
12 Month Comparisons as of January 31, 2016
- Closed sales during the 12 months ending January 31, 2016 were approximately the same as the prior 12 months, down less than 2%.
- January closings were down 13% from January 2015 but posted the 3rd highest January on record.
- The number of January closed sales priced above $2 million remained strong, up 14% over the same period in 2015. During the past 12 months, sales in this price category are up 11.5% (486 vs 436).
- Available inventory on February 1, 2016 consisted of 6,041 units (2,706 condominiums and 3,335 single family homes). This represents a 12% increase over February 1, 2015 and 5.6 months of supply.
- During the 12 months ending January 31, 2016, there were a total of 16,535 new listings added to the market which is 10% less than the same period in 2015.
AVERAGE AND MEDIAN SALES PRICE
- Average price of closed sales during the month of January increased 15.3% year-over-year, while median closed price was up 9.2%.
- Average price of sales above $2 million increased 5.4% over the past 12 months, from $3,649,933 to $3,846,897.
“The source of this real property information is the copyrighted and proprietary database compilation of Southwest Florida MLS. Copyright 2015 Southwest Florida MLS. All rights reserved. The accuracy of this information is not warranted or guaranteed. This information should be independently verified if any person intends to engage in a transaction in reliance upon it. Naples Florida Monthly Real Estate Market Update is provided by Dustin Beard.”