Market Report – August 2010
for Naples, Bonita, Estero Market Areas
- The number of closed sales through August is up 21.5% over the same period 2009, and second only to 2005 during the past ten years.
- Closed volume is up 31.6%.
- Average sales price year-to-date August is at its lowest level since 2001.
- Closed sales for the month of August are down 12% from August 2009.
- Pended sales units for the month of August were down 17% from August 2009.
- The total number of sales pended year-to-date August are the highest since 2005, and are up 8% over the same period 2009.
- Pended sales priced over $1,000,000 are up 33% for the first eight months of 2010 when compared with the same period 2009.
- The number of new listings taken in August is up 6% over August 2009.
- The total number of new listings taken year-to-date is the lowest for the period since August 2005.
- Total available inventory in the Naples, Bonita Springs, Estero market on September 1, 2010 stands at 9, 814 units (4,998 condominiums and 4,816 single family homes). This represents a 6% decrease from September 1, 2009, and just under a one year supply based on the past 12 months absorption rate.