Naples Florida Real Estate Market News – August 2015
12 Month Comparisons as of August 31, 2015
- The number of closed sales through August is down 4.4% from the same period in 2014 (9,223 vs. 9,649). Sales pace is driven by inventory, demand and pricing.
- Closed sales during the month of August are down 10% from August 2014, but remain the fourth highest on record for the month (2000 – 2015). The consistent number of sales over the past several months indicates the market is enjoying solid demand.
- During the past 12 months, closings for properties priced above $2 million are up 13% (459 vs. 407). This category continues to be in high demand with year-to-date closings up 5.1% over the first eight months of 2014.
- Available inventory on September 1, 2015 consisted of 4,198 units, down 6.9% from prior year.
- Average list price for the past 12 months is $614,842, up 15.1% from the 12 months ending September 1, 2014. Median list price increased 17.5% during the 12 months ending September 1, 2015.
AVERAGE AND MEDIAN SALES PRICE
- Average price of closed sales during the month of August increased 11.4% year-over-year, while median closed price increased 12.8%.
- Average price of sales above $2 million increased 11.8% over the past 12 months, from $3,537,716 to $3,956,725. Median price in this category is up 12.8% from $2,800,000 to $3,157,000.
“The source of this real property information is the copyrighted and proprietary database compilation of Southwest Florida MLS. Copyright 2015 Southwest Florida MLS. All rights reserved. The accuracy of this information is not warranted or guaranteed. This information should be independently verified if any person intends to engage in a transaction in reliance upon it. Naples Florida Monthly Real Estate Market Update is provided by Dustin Beard.”