6 Tips for Selling Your Home Fast
1. Beat the Competition with Condition – Consider having repairs made in advance of listing your home. Repairs will allow your home to go to market faster, will be better received by buyers and increase the value of your home.
2. Stage the Exterior of Your Home Too – We have often heard of staging the interior of a home so a buyer can picture themselves using the space, but don’t over look staging the exterior. A fresh coat of paint, pressure cleaning and landscaping can pack a big punch to prospective buyers since it is the first impression they get about your home. Don’t forget the backyard or lanai, buyers often fantasize about enjoying their outdoor space by relaxing and entertaining guests.
3. Accessing the Home is Essential – A home that cannot be shown easily has a hard time of getting sold. Don’t make it next to impossible to allow agents to show your home, if they have to set appointments up way in advance or can only show your home during a restrictive time frame they may find its too much of a hassle and avoid showing your property, decreasing your chance of the best offer.
4. Get Educated About your Competition – Go to open houses in your neighborhood and surrounding areas to see what your home is up against. This will allow you to see how your home and its condition compares to others in the same price range. Work with your broker or agent to get educated about the price, type of sale and condition of the other homes to ensure your home is up to par.
5. De-Clutter and De-Personalize – We all know a home with too many family pictures and memories makes it hard for the buyer to imagine themselves in the home. De-cluttering unnecessary appliances off counter tops makes the area look larger and more attractive to buyers. Go through each room and de-clutter the space, take down personalized items and you will a home that a buyer can visualize themselves living in.
6. Get Real About The Price – Today’s buyers are extremely educated about the comparable sales in the area, which heavily influence the fair market value of your home. Work with your agent to find the latest neighborhood comparables to set your home at the appropriate price. Research shows a home properly priced the first time results in higher sales prices. Make sure your home repairs have been made and trust your agents advice and experience!