Demand is Expected to Stay Strong as Prices Continue to Increase
LISTED, PENDED, CLOSED YEAR TO DATE
MONTH OF MAY 2013
BREAKDOWN BY PRICE CATEGORY YEAR TO DATE (This chart shows the percentage of the market represented by each price segment.)
- The trend of rebounding prices continues with the average sales price for the month of June up 20% over June 2012, and a year-to-date increase of 12%.
- The number of closed sales greater than $1.0 million represents 8.5% of total sales through June 2013. For the past four years, this segment comprised 7.5% or less of overall sales.
- The number of pended sales in June 2013 is approximately the same as June 2005.
- From year-to-date June 2012 to year-to-date June 2013, the number of pended sales under $250,000 decreased by 7%, while the $250,000 – $500,000 range increased 29.5%. The $1.0 million plus range posted a 26% increase for the same time period.
- On July 1, 2013, available inventory in the combined Naples, Bonita Springs and Estero market stands at 5,173 units (2,418 single family homes and 2,755 condominiums). This represents a 5.3 month supply based on the number of closings in the past 12 months.
- The supply of single family homes and condominiums for sale decreased 19% from July 1, 2012 (6,385 units to 5,173). The average list price as of July 1, 2013 is $762,294.
Information contained in this report is current as of July 1, 2013.
“The source of this real property information is the copyrighted and proprietary database compilation of Sunshine MLS, LLC. Copyright 2013 Sunshine MLS, LLC. All rights reserved. The accuracy of this information is not warranted or guaranteed. This information should be independently veriﬁed if any person intends to engage in a transaction in reliance upon it.”