LISTED, PENDED, CLOSED YEAR TO DATE
MONTH OF APRIL 2013
BREAKDOWN BY PRICE CATEGORY YEAR TO DATE (This chart shows the percentage of the market represented by each price segment.)
- Year‐to‐date closed sales in the $1.0 million and greater category have reached the highest level since 2007. Closed sales increased 15.8% from 278 in 2012 YTD to 322 in 2013 TYD.
- Year‐to‐date sale‐to‐list price ratios have consistently increased since 2009 from 88.4% to 93.4%. Buyers are still negotiating the sales price; however, the sellers are getting more for their real estate as seen with the upward trend in closed sale prices.
- Year‐to‐date average days on market for closed properties is at the lowest level since 2006. The average is 156 days, or slightly greater than ﬁve months.
- April 2013 pended transactions increased 10% from April 2012.. The $750,000 to $1.0 million price range experienced a 42% increase in pended transactions and the under $250,000 price range saw a decrease of 6%.It is expected that with an increase in the sale‐to‐list price ratio, home values are expected to increase in the short term.
- On May 1, 2013, available inventory in the combined Naples, Bonita Springs and Estero market stands at 6,106 units (3,194 condominiums and 2,912 single family homes). This represents a 6.4 month supply based on the number of closings in the past 12 months.
- Sixty‐two percent of the active listings on May 1, 2013 are under $500,000. The average list price under $500,000 is $263,653 and the median list price is $249,000.
“The source of this real property information is the copyrighted and proprietary database compilation of Sunshine MLS, LLC. Copyright 2013 Sunshine MLS, LLC. All rights reserved. The accuracy of this information is not warranted or guaranteed. This information should be independently veriﬁed if any person intends to engage in a transaction in reliance upon it.”